Below is a small sampling of program notes I’ve written over the years.
All images courtesy of the Aspen Music Festival and School.
Other notes include…
- Alexander Arutiunian: Trumpet Concerto
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Gloria in excelsis Deo, BWV 191
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Violin Sonata No. 7
- Johannes Brahms: Piano Quartet in G minor (arr. Schoenberg)
- Frédéric Chopin: Variations on “Là ci darem la mano” from Mozart’s Don Giovanni, op. 2
- Aaron Copland: Clarinet Concerto
- Maurice Duruflé: Requiem
- Joseph Haydn: String Quartet in D major, Hob. III/63, op. 64, no. 5, “The Lark”
- George Frideric Handel: Utrecht Jubilate
- Leoš Janáček: Piano Sonata 1.X.1905, “From the Street”
- György Ligeti: Sonata for Solo Viola
- Gustav Mahler: Piano Quartet
- Felix Mendelssohn: Psalm 42, op. 42
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Clarinet Concerto
- Francis Poulenc: Trio for Oboe, Bassoon, and Piano
- Esa-Pekka Salonen: Pentatonic Etude
- Emmanuel Sejourné: Concerto for Marimba and String Orchestra
- Arnold Schoenberg: Five Pieces for Orchestra, op. 16
- Joaquín Turina: La oración del torero, op. 34
Some notes are available for reprint with permission. For inquires, full program note listing, and/or new commissions, go to Contact page.
© 2017-20, Kevin McBrien. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kevin McBrien with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.